Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Recognizes 71 Pierce Atwood Partners: 11 Named "Lawyer of the Year"
Pierce Atwood LLP is proud to announce that more than half of its attorneys firmwide were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 (Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC). The attorneys were recognized in more than 60 specialty areas across all firm practices, in each of Pierce Atwood’s U.S. offices.
Pierce Atwood is also pleased to report that 11 attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year,” a recognition presented annually to a single outstanding lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan location. Four of these 11 partners, marked with an asterisk below, were previously recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year,” but in a different area of their practice, further illustrating their range of expertise. The 11 partners receiving this notable peer recognition are:
- David E. Barry, Bet-the-Company Litigation*
- John E. Bulman, Litigation – Construction Law
- David J. Champoux, Mergers & Acquisitions Law*
- Peter W. Culley, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants
- James R. Erwin, Litigation - Labor and Employment*
- Dennis C. Keeler, Real Estate Law
- Matthew D. Manahan, Land Use and Zoning Law*
- Margaret K. Minister, Litigation – Intellectual Property
- James M. Saffian, Public Finance Law
- Louise K. Thomas, Insurance Law
- Barbara K. Wheaton, Tax Law
As further recognition of the firm’s legal talent, the following attorneys are included in “Best Lawyers” either for the first time or in additional practice areas:
New in 2016:
New practice area:
- Brad Gandrup, Jr., Admiralty and Maritime Law/Boston, MA. Brad is one of the few admiralty lawyers in Boston to have received ample peer reviews to qualify as a “Best Lawyer” in this practice.
- Mike Daly, Commercial Litigation/Providence, RI. Mike represents clients involved in commercial, insurance, construction and maritime disputes.
- Byrne Decker, Litigation – ERISA/Portland, Maine. Since 2011, Byrne had been previously recognized for Commercial Litigation and Mas Tort Litigation/Class Actions –Defendants.
The following “Best Lawyers” have recently joined our firm. We’re pleased to have these long-recognized attorneys on board:
- Michelle O’Brien, Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation. Michelle has been recognized by Best Lawyers since 2006.
- Mark A. Pogue. Since 2008, Best Lawyers has recognized Mark in a variety of employment and litigation-related practice areas.
The firm was also “top-listed” in several practice areas including banking & finance, commercial litigation, environmental law, real estate, tax, , and white-collar defense. The “top listed” designation is given to the firm that has the most listed lawyers in a particular location and practice area.
In addition, this year’s recognition includes the firm’s Providence office, which received a top-listed designation in Litigation – Construction. Finally, four Pierce Atwood attorneys have been recognized in the prestigious “Bet-the-Company Litigation” practice area.
A complete listing of Pierce Atwood’s attorneys who were included in this year’s publication is available atBest Lawyers
About Pierce Atwood
Pierce Atwood LLP
, a leading regional law firm, has 135 attorneys who serve regional, national and international clients from offices in Portland and Augusta, Maine; Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Stockholm, Sweden; and Washington, DC. Follow us on Twitter @PierceAtwoodLLP.
About Best Lawyers
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers
® is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which almost 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”