SBANE Announces the Winners of the 2012 Innovation Awards
Judges chose ten winners out of a recording breaking 268 nominated companies
WALTHAM, Mass., May 16, 2012
- The Smaller Business Association of New England (SBANE) has announced the ten winners of the prestigious 2012 SBANE New England Innovation Awards. The winners, narrowed from a list of 20 finalists, were announced at the May 10th
Evening of Innovation Gala held at the Westin Hotel in Waltham.
“The New England Innovation Awards showcases the best innovative companies in our region who possess the most explosive growth potential to expand our economic base. The health of the New England Economy depends upon the creative forces of innovation to drive capital formation and job creation” said SBANE President, Robert Baker.
David Friend, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Carbonite, presented the keynote address. Carbonite is one of the 160 companies that have been honored with this award since the Innovation Awards were created in 1986.
The ten winners were spread out in three categories, Profit, Non-Profit and Rising Star and spanned industries from consumer products and youth services, to laboratory research, and marketing services. Two companies were honored as “Rising Stars” who are in the early stage of development and have clearly demonstrated the validity of their business. This year the program saw a record number of 268 nominations and had the daunting task of narrowing that list to only 20 Finalists. Those companies presented to a panel of 52 judges on April 11th
at the Henderson House in Weston, Ma. From there, the judges narrowed the list to the 10 winners:
- Corporate Reimbursement Services, Inc., Needham, MA (Profit)
- G-Form, LLC, Providence, RI (Rising Star)
- HubSpot, Inc., Cambridge, MA (Profit)
- MassChallenge, Boston, MA (Non-Profit)
- More Than Words, Waltham, MA (Non-Profit)
- Millivisions Technologies, Inc., South Deerfield, MA (Profit)
- Parcell Laboratories LLC, Newton, MA. (Rising Star)
- The Concord Consortium, Concord, MA (Non-Profit)
- uTest, Southborough, MA (Profit)
- Xtalic, Marlborough, MA (Profit)
The Finalists were recognized in the Boston Business Journal May 11th
Edition. To see the insert, Click Here.
The Smaller Business Association of New England, Inc. (SBANE)
, founded in 1938, is a private not-for-profit association of approximately 600 member companies located throughout the six-state region. SBANE was established to provide a legislative voice for small business at the state and federal levels and to make practical information available to help business owners grow their companies. SBANE runs diverse, educational programs each year and has active chapters in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The membership is characterized by a high degree of participation, reflected in a large and dynamic committee structure, addressing a range of topics from international trade to human resources. Visit SBANE at www.sbane.org.