Why Nominate A Business?
This award provides lasting recognition of a company’s innovative heritage. In addition, recipients receive:
- Recognition as a leading innovative organization by SBANE’s nationally recognized Partners, Sponsors and constituents
- Opportunity to increase brand recognition, make valuable contacts and build a network among New England’s largest organizations
- Formal Award presentation at SBANE’s “Evening of Innovation” Gala
- Award announcements in major media outlets
- Entry into SBANE’s “Circle of Excellence”
- 6 months of SBANE membership for a reduced rate of $100 ($50 for non-profits)
What Type of Businesses Should Be Nominated?
- Life Sciences and Medical Devices
- Rising Star
The Rising Star category will be given to an early stage business that has clearly demonstrated the validity of its business, but may not yet be profitable.
Non-profit organizations will be considered in a separate category utilizing the same criteria with a focus on impact within their space, as opposed to profitability.
Innovation does not always fall neatly into a single category. If a company meets the requirements but does not fit a category, the committee will consider the entry on its merits.
- Innovative business / organization or product / service line
- Independent and headquartered in New England
- Maximum revenue of $100 million
- In business for a minimum of 1 year
- Maximum number of employees approximately 300 employees
Our panel of judges looks more favorably upon those businesses that have demonstrated the validity of their innovation through customer acquisition, investments, and/or bottom line results.
- Demonstrates compelling idea/technology/process
- Demonstrates benefit to users and addresses market need or creates a new market
- Demonstrates marketplace success as measured by profit, volume, growth rate, customer commitments, user reviews, ROI, or market impact
How To Nominate A Business
Nominations will only be accepted on-line.