SBANE's HR Hotline is a free, member only service to help businesses handle human resources issues. This hotline puts you in contact with the experts on the Human Capital Committee, who will respond to your questions and provide guidance. Your questions will be addressed by a member of SBANE's Human Capital Committee. They will make every effort to respond within 24 hours. To access this member only benefit, please call 781.547.2218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and please title the email HR Hotline.
Examples of the HR areas covered by Committee Members:
- Compliance with state and federal employment laws
- Hiring and Terminating employees
- Job Descriptions
- Employee Testing
- Posting and record retention requirements
- Discrimination and harassment
- Compensation and benefits
- Policy development, handbooks
- Workmen's compensation and unemployment claims
- Does my company have to provide health insurance to full-time and part-time employees?
- How many weeks of maternity leave must I provide? Must it be paid?
- How do I determine proper work status: independent contractor vs. employee, exempt vs non-exempt?
- How can I provide 401 (K) and Section 125 benefits?
- Are my compensation and benefit programs competitive?
- How do I prepare an employee handbook?
- Am I required to conduct harassment training?
- Do I need a sexual harassment policy?
- What laws apply to my company?