2013 Massachusetts Manufacturing Matching Grant Program
- This is a competitive, one-time matching grant program which may award up to $7500 per company and requires a dollar for dollar match from the company. If a company’s application is accepted, they will send 50% of the projected project cost to SBANE, which will pay the third party directly.
- Limited to Massachusetts-based manufacturing companies only. Examples of past awardee industries include: medical tools and devices, food, printing, graphics, glass, stone materials, laundry, electronics, computers, mill work, industrial automotive accessories, clothing, electrical components, industrial accessories, respirators and high-tech defense.
- To be eligible, companies must meet the criteria used by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to define a manufacturing corporation. That information is by clicking here.
- To apply, please complete the one page application and submit it along with a detailed statement and a consultant proposal to Sarah Henry at SBANE.
- The statement should describe how the project will benefit the company and should include these key components: how many jobs the company has (there are no size limits) and the impact the project will have on the company (i.e., projected job growth, improvements in efficiency, higher projected sales). The consultant proposal should also include the scope of services, a task statement and a project timeline. Proposal should be very thorough!
- Applications will be vetted by a committee of seven.
- Award can be used for technical assistance, including but not limited to: management consulting, marketing and branding, website development, lean manufacturing projects, new product development, domestic and international sales, accounting, comptroller, Chief Financial Officer staffing services, vendor payment plans, legal services, government procurement. Must be used on a third party consultant; current employees cannot be substituted for a consultant.
- Award may be spread out across multiple projects on a case by case basis.
- Award may not be used for workforce development or training.
- Deadline for applications is March 4th, 2013 by 5:00 pm.
Please forward applications to Sarah Henry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the mail to Sarah’s attention, 1601 Trapelo Road, Suite 212, Waltham, MA 02451
To view/print the application, please click this link:
To view/print the program details, please click this link:
To view/print Frequently Asked Questions, please click this link: