Due to power outages and widespread damage caused by Hurricane Sandy, SBANE has extended the deadline for the Manufacturing Matching Grant Program. The new deadline will be Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 by 5:00 pm.
- This is a competitive, one-time matching grant program which may award up to $7500 per company and requires a dollar for dollar match from the company. 50% of the projected project cost will be sent to SBANE which will pay the third party directly. The program looks to award grants to approximately 30 different companies.
- Limited to Massachusetts-based manufacturing companies only. Examples of past awardee industries include: medical tools and devices, food, printing, graphics, glass, stone materials, laundry, electronics, computers, mill work, industrial automotive accessories, clothing, electrical components, industrial accessories, respirators and high-tech defense.
- To be eligible, companies must meet the criteria used by the State of Massachusetts to define a manufacturing corporation. To view the criteria, please click here.
- To apply please complete this Manufacturing Matching Grant Program Application 2012 and submit it along with a consultant proposal to Sarah Henry at SBANE.
- Key components of the proposal should include: how many jobs the company has (there are no size limits) and the impact the project will have on the company. Proposal should be very thorough!
- Applications will be vetted by a committee of seven.
- Award can be used for technical assistance, including but not limited to: management consulting; marketing and branding; website development; lean manufacturing projects; new product development; domestic and international sales; accounting; Comptroller or Chief Financial Officer staffing services; vendor payment plans; legal services; and government procurement. Must be used on a third party consultant; current employees cannot be used as a substitute.
- Award may be spread out across multiple projects on a case by case basis.
- Award may not be used for workforce development or training.
- Deadline for applications is November 6th, 2012 by 5:00 pm. Awards will be announced in December of 2012.
Manufacturing Matching Grant Program Application 2012 may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to:
The Smaller Business Association of New England
Att: Sarah Henry/ Manufacturing Matching Grant Program
1601 Trapelo Road, Suite 212
Waltham, MA 02452
Please note: applications must be received by November 2nd by the close of business. This means applications sent in the mail should be postmarked by October 31, 2012.
To print/view a program outline, click link below:
To print/view frequently asked questions, click link below: