Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Best Practices
In the current environment of interconnected computers and everyday objects exchanging and storing data and allowing access to funds at the stroke of a key, cybersecurity is paramount. The question is not if you will experience a cyber-attack or breach but when. Businesses need to protect their data and the data of their customers from hackers whose tactics and methods are continually evolving. The transformation of our lives and work by the internet of things can be halted by a breakdown in security.
• What techniques, processes, and procedures can be applied to secure your technology assets and networks from cyberattacks?
• What are best practices to reduce and manage the risk of a cybersecurity breach?
• What can small businesses, with limited resources, do to increase security and protect their data and the data of their customers?
• What steps should a small business take when a cybersecurity breach occurs?
• What types of breaches and attacks are most frequently occurring?
In this program you will hear from a panel comprised of (1) a Cyber Intelligence Analyst with FBI Boston, (2) an attorney experienced in advising clients on a wide range of cybersecurity matters, (3) a computer science professor whose research involves the internet of things privacy and security, and (4) an executive from a cybersecurity risk management firm. The panel will discuss cybersecurity and privacy best practices, planning, risk management, trends and responses to breaches and attacks.
Lawrence J. Casey, Esq., Davis Malm & D’Agostine, P.C.
Cyber Intelligence Analyst with FBI Boston
Jonathan E. Davis, Esq., Day Pitney LLP
Matthew Riley, PMP, Taino Consulting Group
Xinwen Fu, Ph.D., University of Massachusetts
Thank You to our Event Series Sponsor
Cost: $40 SBANE Members / $60 Non-Members
Cancellation Policy: 24 hour notice is required to receive a refund or credit towards a future event.
ATTENTION MEMBERS: If you would like to register to receive an invoice/pay at a later time to attend this event, please call or email our office at 781-890-9070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.