Criteria & Requirements for Nominations
To nominate a company, please click here to be redirected to our online application.
Why Nominate A Business?
This award provides lasting recognition of a company’s innovative heritage. In addition, recipients receive:
- Formal Award presentation at SBANE’s “Evening of Innovation” Gala
- Entry into SBANE’s “Circle of Excellence”
- Award announcements in local media outlets
- Recognition from SBANE’s nationally recognized Partners and Sponsors
- Membership in SBANE’s Innovation Center Program
What Type of Businesses Should Be Nominated?
- Rising Star
The Rising Star category will be given to an early stage business that has clearly demonstrated the validity of its business, but may not yet be profitable.
Non-profit organizations will be considered in a separate category utilizing the same criteria except “profitability.”
Innovation does not always fall neatly into a single category. If a company meets the requirements but does not fit a category, the committee will consider the entry on its merits.
- Innovative business in its field
- Independent and headquartered in New England
- In business for a minimum of 2 years
- 10 – 300 employees (profit) / 2 – 300 employees (non-profit)
- $100 million maximum revenue
While profitability is not a requirement, our panel of judges weigh heavily on those businesses that have demonstrated the validity of their innovation through bottom line results.
- Compelling idea/technology
- Demonstrates significant benefit to users and addresses market need or creates a new market
- Marketplace success measured by profit, volume, growth rate, customer commitments, user reviews, ROI, and market impact
- For non-profit organizations, success in the field, measured by impact in the community, growth rate, evaluation data, external review, or other metrics
How To Nominate A Business
Nominations will only be accepted on-line. Click here to nominate a business.